iPad 2 or wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jazzer15, Sep 17, 2011.

1. jazzer15 macrumors 6502

I apologize if this has been asked many times, but I didn't see any posts recently and would like some opinions (understanding they are just that -- opinions).

I have been thinking about getting an iPad for a while. I think I could benefit from the larger screen (over my 2G ipod touch) and would use it in the first instance as an e-reader, to surf the internet while commuting (it's smaller, lighter and more convenient than my netbook) and for storing and carrying/accessing a ton of sheet music.

I was going to wait for iPad3, but the rumors now suggest we are probably looking at release in 2012 and then I would want to wait a bit to make sure there were no bugs with the new battery/screen or whatever stuff they might "improve." So realistically, I guess I'm probably looking at a wait of at least 4 months, unless Apple surprises us and releases something earlier than currently expected. This, of course, is not a necessity purchase, so I could clearly wait.

So, if you were in my shoes, what do you think you would do?

2. xraytech, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Simple, if you want it now get it now. It's only about 6 months old

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Unless you want the newest of the newest i would wait, or you could just buy it, it is great the way it is already :)

5. jbud72 macrumors member

Front page says Apple is in no rush for the iPad 3. Just get the 2 and enjoy it.

6. marrzie macrumors regular

Its 1000x better than the iPod 2g. Buy it now then sell it just before the new one is released. Even if you sell it just after the new one is released you won't lose too much value. Also if the new one isn't a huge upgrade or won't be much better for your uses you can just keep the iPad 2. I really like my iPod 4g but my iPad 2 kicks its but in so many ways.