Ipad 2 or Wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harleymhs, Nov 2, 2011.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

I know I know.. I had to ask.. Im ready to buy an Ipad but all this talk about Retina display... I dont want to keep waiting but I would hate to get the Ipad 2 this week and come March the Ipad 3 come out.. I dont want to keep waiting cause I will NEVER get one but the QUESTION is possibly the new one will have the HD screen... Thanks!

2. ofiaich macrumors member

ofiaich

Hi!

I was going to post the same, but knew the moderators would chase me off the net!

Here are my thoughts,,,, yep, I know how to search for info on the net and I know the specifications are not available, pure conjecture..

but...get iPad 2 now and enjoy using..... or wait for iPad 3? iPad 3 could be 6 months away.

I will research about new Sony S Tablet vs Sony P Tablet vs Galaxy 10.1 Tablet vs iPad 2 vs iPad 3 ;););)

but it would be good to hear opinons from members here who use the iPad 2.

Oh! I think I would get the 64 gb WiFi version if I do get the iPad 2..

Thanks! Off for a nap :D, then back to search.

Ofiaich :p

3. wolfshades macrumors 6502

wolfshades

I own an iPad2 64 GB. Frankly, I'd wait for the 3.

There are no regrets with having the one I have, but.....the Next Big Thing is just around the corner.

4. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

The next best thing is always around the corner. Frankly, if you're worried, get a base 16GB model since it holds it's value the best and take a tiny (under $100) loss come iPad 3 time. I sold my iPad 2 64GB and I'm about to get a 16GB one, since it's all I need and it'll hold resale value for iPad 3.

5. Sandman1969, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

That is the same thing these people were wondering....

[​IMG]

6. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree with ALL , I am in NO rush, Just bought a New MBA and LOVE it, think Ill wait for the Ipad 3 .. Apple products do hold their value, no question. But the Ipad 3 is JUST around the corner I think the rumor is March.. So it pays to wait... Maybe Retina Screen and faster processor like the Iphone 4 then Ill be happy with the wait!!

7. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

The rumors also include the A6 not going into mass production until the 2nd quarter next year, so it could push a release of the iPad 3 into the summer. That is if the plan is for the A6 to be in it, which I believe will be the case.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

"life's too short"

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

10. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I better get one soon! Or ELSE...

Attached Files:

11. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

BTW, I personally think the current screen is VERY sweet. It supports playback of 720p on the screen so it does HD already.

Also, IMHO, the screen the size of the iPad going to 1080p isn't anywhere close as noticeable as the same being displayed on say a 55" HDTV.

Bottom Line there is nothing wrong with 1024x768 on a ~10" device. To me at least.

There are also rumors that there may be issues producing Retina displays to the numbers required to support the roll out. But then again, that is just a rumor.

12. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I think it is a slightly bad time to buy an iPad. I bought one for a relative for holidays last year and it was quite a disappointment to have another replacement (iPad 2) come out so quickly.

Of course, it doesn't mean that iPad 3 or 2S will come out as soon as 2012 that iPad 2 did this year.

I'm still on an original iPad myself. I tried a couple iPad 2s but they all had such bad backlight bleed.

Therefore, I'm waiting on the next iPad and hoping it gets a higher quality display. I wouldn't mind if its physical body remained identical, that way I wouldn't feel bad about missing the form factor of iPad 2 in my collection. ha.

I'd just like to see them put in a slight speed bump and better display.

13. Hotstover macrumors newbie

Until I dropped my iPad2 (another story), either my wife or I used it every day, and it makes relatively frequent plane trips all the more bearable. I would say, if you plan to use it a lot, the current offering is a great product, and you wont' be sorry. Sure, iPad3, or whatever will be even better, but that's just the way things go with any kind of electronics. Your iPad2 will still be a great product that you can use for years to come!

Heck, I still have my iPhone 3GS, which I can't upgrade on a whim, as it's issued to me for work (I use it for personal stuff too - not about to carry two phones). While I LOVE what Apple has done w/ the most recent versions, and would certainly upgrade if it was my personal choice .... my 3GS is still extremely handy, and is still quite the amazing machine.

Same for the iPad2, and that won't change even when iPad4GS2squared is out!