iPad 2 Orders 3/12/11

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HighEndMac, Mar 30, 2011.

1. HighEndMac macrumors regular

WoW.... all i do is read everyone’s post saying how they just got their iPad 2 and how great it is. I ordered that b!tch on the 12th and it's not even going to ship until 4/11/11!!! Really???!!

iPad 2 Black 64GB WiFi, engraved (Which could be why it’s taking so long...)

Anyone else having this problem?

2. HighEndMac thread starter macrumors regular

3. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I mean, that sucks for you, but you requested for it to be engraved. Of course it's going to take a bit longer.

4. HighEndMac thread starter macrumors regular

LoL...Well said, F me for having it engraved...did not think it would be this much longer...a week, maybe a week and a half, but over a month....damn

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Even though you ordered on 12th, it was probably on back order with 3-4 weeks and you asked to be engraved. The whole engraving thing can take as long as a week.

So, yea. It will probably ship out on April 11th.

6. conan-kun macrumors regular

I ordered a 16 gb wifi black on 3/12 with no engraving and mine has not shipped yet either.

I haven't seen a lot of posts saying they have gone to prepared to shipping which leads me to believe there may be a slight decrease in how many they are shipping out right now (perhaps to send more to retail stores?). I'm guessing ours will ship this weekend or next week for delivery late next week.

7. KnitGirl macrumors member

I seriously doubt you'll have to wait until April 11 for yours to ship just because it was engraved. That may push it back a day or so but not a week and a half. March 12 orders are already shipping so I would bet your order will be "prepared for shipment" in the coming days. It looks like Apple is averaging about a week early on their shipping.

8. HighEndMac thread starter macrumors regular

Well it's good to hear some positive news, appreciate it KnitGirl, we'll see what happens.

9. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

I ordered on the 12th at 6:45am pdt, black 64gb, 3g ATT, engraved, and it switched to prepared for shipping today. My original ship date was April 4. Good luck!

10. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I figured I'd ask on this thread, as good as any, but what is the reason for the crazy backlog of iPad 2s? This seems to be the worst rollout of anything apple has sold yet!

Just curious. :confused:

11. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

You'll understand when Apple announces how many have been sold.

12. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Man. I didn't realize. Thought there was something weird when they didn't do pre orders.

Thanks!

13. Kitestring macrumors member

I ordered a 64GB 3G (ATT) on March 12th at 10:55 am and my status hasn't budged from "not yet shipped" it shows a ship date of 4/11 still.

I'm starting to feel pretty over this now.

14. HighEndMac thread starter macrumors regular

Same with me, that 4/11/11 shipping date...It's a killer...

15. HighEndMac thread starter macrumors regular

Ahhhh….the Tsunami in Japan ring any bells..???? I feel bad about b!tching that I don’t have my iPad2 yet when people lost everything they own, not to mention family members and friends. All the complaining looks bad, especially on Americans (guilty) cuz it’s not like we have a bad rep for being greedy and ignorant anyway right.....