iPad iPad 2 owner: urgent advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shoob1, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Shoob1 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm new to writing in this forum. Awesome site!

Well, my situation is kinda odd (but not sure how unique it is)... I purchased my iPad 2 a little over a year ago, jailbroke it when it was iOS version 4.3.3. As a med student, I had to go abroad for the past year for research to a place with no/limited internet access, and I decided to leave the iPad with my brother who is not very tech savvy (not implying that I am :p), and he never updated it. He downloaded various apps through Installous, and I did the same before leaving.

Now that I am back, he's giving the iPad back to me for continuing med school, and I really want to keep my downloaded apps, files and remain jailbroken for all the various benefits. Plus, the apps that I have and need to keep are practically essential for school, and losing them would leave me at a significant loss. Classes start in about a week and a half. But I recognize that I need to upgrade my iPad 2 to the new OS. How do you all suggest that I proceed at this time? My version of iTunes is 10.2.2.14. Cydia 1.1.2

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for this great forum!

-Shoob1

2. breezyf808 macrumors regular

If u downloaded installous then u must have downloaded "appsync"
    That will help u sync the apps u got from installous to iTunes

I think we really can't talk about these sort of info on here but oh well

Also get aptbackup (from cydia) to make a backup of cydia apps and tweaks u downloaded so u don't have to remember or write it down

If u have dropbox and data on a app (say a game save for angry birds)
    Get "data deposit" and it will save ur data of the app so if u redownload (angry birds) all u gotta do is go into "data deposit" and load save data.

If u plug in ur iPad into ur synced iTunes all apps should transfer (w/appsync)
    Then just restore to new iPad with new update then jailbreak and then download appsync again and now u have ur (jb) apps on ur ipad#####

3. Shoob1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you soooo much. I was getting so anxious! I hope this all works as planned. I thought I would have problems with doing a JB again!

Now... I know you noted that you aren't sure if we could discuss these matters on here... Which is why I was hesitant at first to post it on here. But, I found this thread:Topic discussing JB
    and I decided to do so because it seemed okay. I hope it is!