iPad 2 owners - Are you getting iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Anastacio, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Anastacio macrumors regular

I myself got an iPad 2 and still have the urge to get an iPad Mini. I'm thinking if any of you iPad 2 owners feel like you want an iPad Mini, having in mind that the Mini probably will have specifications close to those inside iPad 2.

Would you sell your iPad 2 in order to buy an iPad Mini? Would you have both at the same time for different uses?

I'm thinking of having the iPad 2 lying around at home for everyone to use, while I would take an iPad Mini with me to school and around if it has 3G, and use it in bed as it would be more comfortable - maybe for reading as I just sold my Kindle Touch and is waiting for an European date for the Kindle Paperwhite.

2. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

If the iPad mini has a higher res display ten yes, I will definitely get the iPad Mini. If not then I am perfectly happy with a 10in tablet.

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I'll use my 2 at home, and take the mini with me when on the go.

I will likely be buying 2 btw

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

All indications are it will and it won't.:eek:

Will have higher (relative) resolution per square inch.

Won't have more pixels and same (absolute) resolution count.

5. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Depends what it actually is, rather than what it is rumored to be, but almost certainly not. I love the screen size as is, and will be getting an iPhone 5. So, I'll wait for iPad 4.

6. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

iPad Mini will not have retina display if it has to be no more than 299$

7. Anastacio thread starter macrumors regular

Let's say it has the same resolution as iPad 2 and an WiFi and 3G option. Around same specs as iPad 2.

Would you iPad 2 owners then replace it or get an iPad Mini as well?

8. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

9. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

I was talking actualy higher resolution display rather than just a higher pixel per inch count due to a smaller display. I am happy with the iPad 2 and see no reason to get a mini, the only thing i dont like about the iPad 2 is the display.

10. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    No plans to sell my iPad 2 (3G running iOS 5.1.1). My iPod Touch 5G arrives Monday and will fit into my pocket.

11. richardmu macrumors 6502a

All depends on the specs but I will most likely get one. Wish they'd hurry up and set a date for the next event.

I returned the iPad 3 and decided to stay with the 2. Don't like the IP5 compared to my 4s and not very interested in he new touch so need some new Apple toy to spend money on!