iPad 2 owners - Are you getting iPad Mini?

Anastacio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Denmark
I myself got an iPad 2 and still have the urge to get an iPad Mini. I'm thinking if any of you iPad 2 owners feel like you want an iPad Mini, having in mind that the Mini probably will have specifications close to those inside iPad 2.

Would you sell your iPad 2 in order to buy an iPad Mini? Would you have both at the same time for different uses?

I'm thinking of having the iPad 2 lying around at home for everyone to use, while I would take an iPad Mini with me to school and around if it has 3G, and use it in bed as it would be more comfortable - maybe for reading as I just sold my Kindle Touch and is waiting for an European date for the Kindle Paperwhite.

hawk1410

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
If the iPad mini has a higher res display ten yes, I will definitely get the iPad Mini. If not then I am perfectly happy with a 10in tablet.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
If the iPad mini has a higher res display ten yes, I will definitely get the iPad Mini....
All indications are it will and it won't.:eek:

Will have higher (relative) resolution per square inch.

Won't have more pixels and same (absolute) resolution count.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Depends what it actually is, rather than what it is rumored to be, but almost certainly not. I love the screen size as is, and will be getting an iPhone 5. So, I'll wait for iPad 4.

Anastacio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Denmark
Let's say it has the same resolution as iPad 2 and an WiFi and 3G option. Around same specs as iPad 2.

Would you iPad 2 owners then replace it or get an iPad Mini as well?

hawk1410

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
All indications are it will and it won't.:eek:

Will have higher (relative) resolution per square inch.

Won't have more pixels and same (absolute) resolution count.
I was talking actualy higher resolution display rather than just a higher pixel per inch count due to a smaller display. I am happy with the iPad 2 and see no reason to get a mini, the only thing i dont like about the iPad 2 is the display.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
All depends on the specs but I will most likely get one. Wish they'd hurry up and set a date for the next event.

I returned the iPad 3 and decided to stay with the 2. Don't like the IP5 compared to my 4s and not very interested in he new touch so need some new Apple toy to spend money on!