iPad iPad 2 owners, how is iOS 7.0.3?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by benji888, Oct 23, 2013.

1. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Hey, I've done searches...I keep trying to find out how ppl like iOS 7 on iPad 2 over iOS 6...I luv it on my iPhone 5, but friend has iPad 2, and I'm telling them not to update as it might be slow/laggy and if they don't like it they can't go back to iOS 6...so, I'm seeing iPhone 4 ppl say ios 7.0.3 update is a bit better, iPad 3 ppl say it's faster

...anyone with iPad 2, do you like iOS 7 better than 6? Is it faster/slower/laggy/same? I imagine, since it's non-retina, it's not going to have same results as other iPads.

Thx ahead for any response.

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

iOS 7.0.3 is working well on my iPad 2. :cool:
    As Apple are still selling the iPad 2 it has to work reasonably OK. No noticeable slow down in any Apps used so far.

3. PaulOBrain macrumors regular

4. twintin macrumors 6502

5. bpp85 macrumors member

bpp85

6. humar macrumors 6502

humar

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

No problems here. A few of the new animations arent perfectly smooth but most of it is fine and I like the look and feel of i)S7 overall so Im satisfied.

8. Doga macrumors regular

Doga

7.0.2 wasn't that bad on my iPad 2, it wasn't laggy or sluggish but there were some things needing fixes:

- If you used a 4-finger gesture to close an app the animation would kind of jerk just before completing (whereas using the home button to close wouldn't result in the animation jerk),

- Changing wallpapers was excruciatingly slow,

- Battery life terrible under light use even with everything off except wifi.

7.0.3 seems to have mostly fixed the gesture/app close jerk. Wallpaper changes are quicker but nowhere near the speed of iOS 6. I haven't had much of a chance to use the iPad since applying the update so I don't know if battery life will be better.

When I originally updated the iPad from iOS 6, the update turned Bluetooth on. I never use Bluetooth so I turned it off. Updated to 7.0.2, yup Bluetooth was on again. Ditto with the 7.0.3 update.

9. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

A bit slower than iOS6, but 7.0.3 is better than 7.0 for sure.

10. Markyyy macrumors regular

7.0.3 is less buggy than 7.0.2 based on how I've found things since updating early this morning.

Safari has crashed once.

There's still the bug when you use a 5-finger gesture to close an app when you have a folder open on the homescreen and its translucent fill is disorientated until the homescreen becomes active after the 5-finger gesture animation to close the app is complete.

Again, using the five-finger gesture to close an app, the homescreen will be dark and blurred during the animation, and suddenly brightens back to its normal state after the animation is complete.

11. Didz81 macrumors newbie

Works like a dream on my iPad 2, no complaints thus far. Some old apps are crashing but those are apps I re-downloaded after not having them since iOS 5 and they haven't been updated yet for iOS 7 so that's the app developers' fault, otherwise it's all smooth sailing. :)

12. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

thanks for the responses, I'll find out what apps they are using and possibly suggest it's ok to update it.