iPad 2 Payment

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blickiss, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Blickiss macrumors newbie

So I bought my iPad 2 from the online store at 1am 25th March (Australian launch). I chose to pay with credit card and the order when through without a hitch. Except I wasn't charged straight away.

It's a week and a half later, my ipad's been shipped and i have been emailed my invoice form Apple. But i still havent been charged for it....

Is this normal? I thought the apple store charged your account as soon as you purchase?

an answer would be appreciated

Cheers

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Apple has been known to issue charges the day you receive your device, trust me Apple will collect on their money...

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I ordered a cover and iPad at the same time. The cover came a week before the iPad. I did not get charged for it until the iPad came .

My credit card was charged for the entire order the day the iPad arrived.

4. ipxmbx macrumors member

Apple is one of the best online store & billing systems I've experienced. Their accuracy is exceptional.

5. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Although I do not know the laws of Australia, in the United States a company cannot charge for a product it has not delivered. Technically Apple could charge you as soon as they ship the product, but normally they wait a couple days or so after that to charge. At least that has been my experience.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is weird, I've only known Apple to bill then ship. Then again the only thing they've ever shipped was a MacPro so that could explain it.

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

What I've discovered is that they normally bill when they pack the device to be shipped. However, it takes 2-3 days for charges to appear on credit cards. If you do online banking, you'll notice a pre-authorization on a debit card. Usually credit cards don't let you view the preauthorizations because they're usually inaccurate (not Apple, but in general). An example is a $1 or a $75 preauth charge when you pay at the pump.

So, depending on how long the shipping takes, you may get your device around the same time a charge appears on your card.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My experience has been the polar opposite to the OP. My credit card gets whacked twice when I order online. First apple puts a hold on my credit card and then when when its shipped they charge it. It takes a few days for the first to be taken off. I noticed this a while back and called the credit card company.

9. Blickiss thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses
    I recieved my iPad yesterday and was charged the full amount