iPad 2 performance disappointing so far

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheTechHound, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TheTechHound macrumors newbie

So, I have a 64GB wifi only ipad 2 which finally made it to me after over a month of waiting. I have already seemed to have issues with it out of the box. Some things I have noticed so far...

1. wifi connectivity is apparently poor in good conditions, it drops out for no reason when my iPod and other devices in the same location do not.

2. the iOS seems to be sluggish at times doing the simplest of tasks, not what I expected for a dual core.

3. I have already had serious crashes (hard reboot) on apps like Garage Band and Weather, also not expected.

4. Downloading apps takes considerably longer and sometimes stalls out and must be "reloaded".

All this leaves me wondering what the heck... perhaps the upcoming iOS patch will fix it. I sure hope it does!

BH
    @TheTechHound

2. scwatkins77 macrumors newbie

Its possible yours has a defect of some kind. Perhaps faulty memory. I have the same model as you, and have seen none of the issues you describe.

3. mlstein macrumors newbie

That's quite likely for most of these issues but the WiFi problem is widespread. not every iPad or iPad2 has trouble with hotspots but quite a few do. Still, given all your problems it seems sensible to take it in. Or back.