Ipad 2 personal experience

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aurelfr22, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Aurelfr22, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011

Aurelfr22 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I'm new on the forum and i wanted to share my experience of buying my ipad 2 with you!

So first of all i live in England and as you know the ipad 2 only came out a few days ago here. After spending 7 nights in a row on the website of my local Apple store to book one i finally managed to book the precious Ipad 2 white 16gb Wifi!
    I went to collect it and all went very smoothly!

When i came back home i checked if my screen was infected by the infamous backlight bleeding and i thought it was since my screen was quite light around corners in the dark but it didnt look like a major issue to me. I then dowloaded garage band and after messing around with the guitar for a few minutes my ipad froze completly and i had to do a hard reset.. Not the most convincing start lol. Finally i tried the cameras and filmed my garden by a cloudy day and... Surprise !!! Something very odd occured! Here is the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6VluZ4IaRg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    I made an appointement with a genius yesterday and decided to show him the video. He pulled a very surprised face when he saw the video and admitted that they had never seen it before (considering that the ipad two only came out a couple of weeks ago it may be normal...) so he took my ipad and left for a few minutes. He came back a few minutes later and immediately offered me to replace my Ipad since he thought it was a defect of the camera and he asked me if he could make a copy of the video to send it to the Apple technicians for examination. I also mentionned the "bleeding" screen and he said that it was alright... I asked him to check the screen of the new one in a dark room which he did and he said it was fine too, althought i still see slight patches of lights around the corners of the screen which is apparently normal according to the genius! So to conclude very satisfied with the customer service of Apple my replacement ipad seems to work perfectly fine and so far garageband hasnt crashed either !

2. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Well, it's not that your English is an issue, but rather that your story is boring and will put most people who read it to slee........(snoring)

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

4. ninerfan macrumors regular

Actually, I found your experience very interesting ... which is why I am reading this forum to begin with!! I want to learn about different situations that arise and how people handle them.

I am still waiting for mine to be delivered (no Apple store within 200 miles, and forget about Best Buy or Walmart, they just don't have any in stock even after a month!

No need to be rude, folks!

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That was an interesting video, OP. Can't say that I've seen that issue before.

6. Aurelfr22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your nice comment, my intention wasnt to be boring but just to give my personal experience of buying an ipad and the consequences of it... also to warn people that if they had the same camera problem it could be easily sorted!
    I also go on forums to read about people experiences and find out tips etc... Hope you will receive your ipad soon you'll love it !! ;)

7. ninerfan macrumors regular

Thanks ... am really excited!

And to make you smile :) I am a hopeless Anglophile :)

8. 126351 Guest

Apple must be rubbing their hands together that so many people are so happy to keep running backwards and forwards to the Genius Bar.

9. ani23 macrumors 6502

Ditto

10. Aurelfr22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why dont you save yourself some energy and dont bother commenting if its to be nasty, why do people go on forums if reading others bothers them???:confused:

11. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

as would everyone else. the bleeding complaints are beyond tired at this point.

your ipad bleeds? great. call apple.

12. ani23 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't have. I just did because i found it funny someone else did the same thing as me. Might be a reason why. Sorry I didn't mean to be a d*ck but sometimes there's reasons why people are rude. Or realistic.

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Well in guess I am a real ass. After reading some of the other post the camera issue displayed is intriguing. I actually had something like that in a camera and it ended up being one of the focusing sensors.
    Is the iPad 2 a multi sensor camera?

14. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Some of these, not necessary yours, are trolls that try to make apple look badly. I got both iPad 1 and 2 and they are perfect. Why me! :D sure, a few users will be struck by defects. If so, get a replacement. We know that Apple is not perfect and mistakes occur in production. Perhaps, they did not handle products well in transporting them. Quality checkers are not doing well or simply not perfect. There are androids who pretend to be apple fan and make up stories. So, if stories sound unbelievable, they are fake.

15. Aurelfr22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol well i can guarantee you that my story is genuine i even posted a video of the problem!!! I love Apple and my Ipad so my intention is far from trying to make them look bad because they have a amazing product i guess i was just unlucky to get a faulty device but now problem solved !!:D

16. Aurelfr22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats exactly what i did thank you !

17. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

After seeing the sky mysteriously change color over the English scenery in the video....I have to fight the urge to make a Doctor Who joke.

18. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Interesting, I wonder if it turned blacked because those areas were over exposed.

19. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

You know everything don't you? SMH