iPad 2 photos create new album

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dennis123123, Sep 15, 2011.

1. dennis123123 macrumors member

Can someone tell me how to create a new photo album on the ipad2? I currently only have Camera Roll but need to add some others. I cant find the button to make a new one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. stevep, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Create the new album(s) in iPhoto on the computer, and then synch your iPad. Your new album(s) will then appear on the iPad. Use the 'Photos/Albums' buttons at the top centre of the iPad screen in Photos to change how you view your collection.

ps when you synch from iTunes, you may want to choose the 'Synch from selected albums' option, then just put a tick against the ones you want to copy across.

3. 66775 macrumors member

This iPhoto/Synch thing is really a pain in the ass. I understand the rationale behind it, don't get me wrong, and it's ok, but I wish we 'ALSO' had the choice of an on-the-fly option. Not hard to implement, and would save most of us valuable time.

I dropped the native photo app and shifted everything to Zen Viewer HD. It's a highly capable photo browser, lets me synch from iTunes if I wish to, transfer over wifi if from any machine and let's me organize my folders/sub-folders/albums on-the-fly.