iPad 2 price question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shortman, Mar 20, 2011.

1. shortman, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

shortman macrumors member

So I have pretty much given up on trying to get an iPad 2 from the store, I don't have the time or the energy to do it. I am going to buy one off of eBay, but was wondering if after the international launch, the price for them will go up or down? There will be more worldwide, but if there are less in the US the price will go up?

Please let me know your thoughts! :)

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I think we're already seeing prices drop slightly on ebay. If you wanted one a couple of days after launch, you had to pay the big bucks ($500-$1000 over retail). 9 days later, more people have them via traditional stores and the must-have-it-now effect is wearing off. Patience replaces impulse as time goes on. There are still plenty of gougers on ebay, but they're just not selling for the same astronomical prices if you check completed auctions. The international launch will likely serve to drive prices even lower.

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I'd get a friend to go and try local craigslist. Prices are softening a little.
    that's what I did. yay.

4. shortman thread starter macrumors member

5. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I would keep checking Target. It made it easy for me tomget one. If not I would consider Craigslist but I myself am not willing to spend more than an extra $100.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Keep checking BestBuy, Walmart, and Target inventory lists.

Many have done this including myself (I did this for the 1st iPad) and it has worked.