iPad 2 Price

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ajo, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Why is the iPad 2 more from other stores such as Amazon and Pixmania. Usually Apple prices are pretty much the same everywhere because of competition. I don't think Pixmania will get much business charging more for the iPad and then a Delivery charge on top of that.

Im not moaning, just wondered as I've been looking around for the best iPad 2 deal (as a gift)

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Amazon isn't selling the iPads; "featured merchants" are - and their prices are excessive.

You won't find any less expensive than Apple's online store, so why not deal directly with Apple? They will ship within 24 hours.

4. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

its just better buying from Apple even though they have higher price lol

5. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

I was just wondering why they charge so much more and if people actually go for these prices.

I purchased one yesterday, as a gift, from..... Tesco! I did this as using a few offers I got just over £20 off!

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

7. shaneomac.28 macrumors newbie

shaneomac.28

Rediculous...

There are plenty of certified Apple Resellers who you can buy an ipad from with no sales tax.

MacMall, CDW,ABt Electronics, MacConnection, MacZone..just to name a few are all listed on Apple's websit as authorized resellers for the Ipad.

Best Buy is a great spot if you want an Ipad now and dont want to wait for the Apple Store to ship you one. Be sure to get your Best Buy rewards points esp for a large purchase such as an Ipad. you will get 10 bucks back in the mail to use for future purchases at Best Buy.

In summation why pay more to shop at the Apple Store unless your buying refurbished which I think is a great deal depending on the item and price.

After you purchase a few macs, ipods, and ect the appeal of buying from an Apple Store at a premium wears off real fast!!!!

8. Quantumtorpedo macrumors newbie

iPad 2 price

Some of the Amazon merchants are charging upwards of $2,000 for a 64 gig, 3g iPad 2.

It is difficult to believe that someone would actually pay double the price for an unknown quantity.

Apparently someone does just that, judging by the number of merchants.

9. padillde macrumors newbie

Some advice

I wanted to get an iPad wifi originally but managed to get a used iPad 3G with Verizon for $400. Great condition. Box and everything. It was even running 4.3.3 so I could jailbreak it. As far as I could tell it looked brand new. Even when I went to plug it into mac it acted like it was never activated. Everything looks and works perfect. However, when I went in to activate the data. The account has a past due bill of $400. I thought it was pay as you go with no subsidies. Any way. Long story short I will prob never be able to activate the data since it will prob never get paid. At least by me anyway. So what do u guys think. What should I do. Is $400 for 16gb black iPad 2 with gps no 3G a good buy? Should I try to resell it and just go through apple like I should have? Not even sure if I would use 3G much if at all. Should I just tether it to iPhone via pdanet through cydia. ???????

Thanks.