ipad 2 prices on the release of the 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LeeM, Feb 10, 2012.

1. LeeM macrumors 6502a

i wasnt paying any attention last year so i cant remember what happened with the prices of ipad 1 when the second was released.
    im looking to get my mum a 2 for her birthday in april, refurbs are currently £340 but how much could i expect that to drop on release of number 3? i seem to remember ipad 1's going for £250 at one point but not sure if ive made that up haha

2. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 16GB WiFi only iPad2 to be $299 once the 3 comes out.

3. LeeM thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats just about £250 isnt it? i wouldnt hesitate to buy her one at that price tbh but im not spending 400 when she barely understands how to use it.
    she was trying once and rang me up asking how to close an app, i told her to press the button on the front, she replies "which one" :rolleyes:

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Lol :p

I seem to remember the 1s dropping a lot from a couple of weeks after the 2 had come out second hand, and if you held out for a month or two they started to plummet both second hand and on the Apple Refurb Store.

I'd kinda expect the same thing this year, even if it's an iPad '2S'.

5. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Pretty sure that in the US, the prices of iPad 1's dropped $100 after the iPad2 was released.