iPad 2 printing possible?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samuelelbaz, Mar 19, 2011.

1. samuelelbaz macrumors member

I am trying to print pages from a website on the iPad to my wifi printer is this possible with out a Mac computer?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Only if said printer is one of the new Airprint compatible ones. There are only about 12 on the market and all came out late last year.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

HP AirPrint printers

I purchased a HP D110 printer and the advertising stated that it required no setup and no downloads. Don't believe it. I found it very confusing. I finally succeeded but had I known how frustrating it would be, I would not have purchased it.

4. patrickj macrumors regular

5. guitardogcar macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you are lucky or unlucky enough to own an HP printer...

...they make an app for that. It will utilize any HP on a wireless network. This includes our HP laser printer that is connected via USB, but is set up to be shared wirelessly.

I'd give the app 3 stars. Mostly because it mostly works. :)

You have WAY more options than AirPrint...including paper type.

gdc

6. rzc macrumors newbie

My sister uses the AirPrint and had no prob with the gen 1, so now I'm thinking of getting a hp also (a910g). It should work will let you all know otherwise.