iPad 2 Problems any Tips

Discussion in 'iPad' started by grkazan11, Sep 22, 2011.

1. grkazan11 macrumors newbie

I bought one this past Saturday and had to go back to the apple store on Sunday in order to exchange it for another because it had scratches on the back and a dent on the bezel. I eventually found a model that seemed to be in pristine quality, but once I got home I found out that it had a dead pixel. Went the next day to exchange it again for another iPad, but it had a dent near the auxiliary port, a dead pixel, and a scratch on the back. Long story short the only option that was left was to give me a full refund for the iPad 2.

Have any of you had this problem with the iPad 2?
    Is there another store that will have pristine iPad 2s?

I love the product and I know it will eventually get scratched, but I expect to be in excellent quality right out of the box.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

If you do a search, you will find other threads reporting issues. In general, I think most people recommend returning it until you get what you paid for. I just upgraded to an iPad2 last week. No light bleed. No dead pixels. No scratches. It is flawless. I know they exist, and I wish you success in finding one! Have you tried the Apple store?

3. grkazan11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what a tried this past weekend and all the models that I received has some problems. Might try Wal-Mart next because it's a little closer to me.

4. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

Hmmm, mine was pristine right out of the box and I bought it at the Apple Store. You can open it there and check it before bringing it home.

I think you've just hit some bad luck. The next one you purchase will most likely be fine.

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Dang, that's disappointing you'd be able to get so many questionable ones in a row!

I bought a white 16GB 3G one from Best Buy, and it's flawless.

6. grkazan11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just bought another one from Wal-Mart and it had a pretty big scratch/scuff right out of the box, went back and returned in just a matter of minutes and got a full refund. Idk at this point I'll either give up and wait for iPad 3, or I'll try out best buy. I know there's a huge demand for them, but c'mon son.

7. grkazan11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bought another one from wal-mart, damn thing had a scratch and a dead pixel. I'm speechless, I just want to use this product, screw foxconn man.

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

It's time to trick the universe, because something out there has it in for you. Send in a friend to buy it for you. He'll get a perfectly beautiful one :)

9. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

what does fox conn have to do with the scratches?

10. grkazan11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah idk about the foxcon comment, my bad. I just want the product so bad, but pristine quality. I guess I'll try again in a month or two, sorry for the whining guys.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

When I bought an iPad 2 it had one dead pixel in the corner, so got that exchanged for a new one. The new one is all fine now.

12. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

They probably built it, so...

13. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

I would hate it if we get to the point where we should unbox our products right there on the store, before employee's eyes!

mine WAS flawless btw... now it's dented next to the speakers :(

14. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I wouldn't bother OP, I don't think that you're going to get one that reaches your stratospherically high standards. Your opinions of the device are so tainted that you will only find fault with any future purchases, also.

It's a case of return-fatigue. Wait for the next generation.

15. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I just find it extremely hard to believe that you could possibly get 4 problematic iPads. You must be imagining things..

16. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not here. Ordered mine online directly from Apple.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

At this point why are you waiting until you get home to check the iPad's condition? Open the box and activate it in the store to check for these things.