iPad 2 Purchase Conundrum

Discussion in 'iPad' started by V23, Mar 2, 2011.

1. V23 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Firstly, not sure if this is the correct place to put this so apologies if it isn't.

In a nutshell, my parents are leaving for a two month holiday around Europe on the 24th and the iPad 2 is being released on the 25th (Australia). They want to take something with them and have their hearts set on an iPad 2 but I can't figure out a way to facilitate it. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone done something like this before because I'm at a loss? Is my best bet trying to buy one here and express post it to one of the hotels that they're staying at? Alternatively, is there a place that I can send it to that will hold it there until they pick it up (post office?).

*They are very reluctant to purchase the original (even with price drop).
    *It needs to be an Australian iPad to avoid hassles later (i.e. need for a voltage converter)

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post but I'm in a bind.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Your parents should just wait until they get back. I wouldn't try and send it to them while they are on their trip. It might get delayed, they would have to change travel plans, etc. It isn't going to kill them to wait a couple of months. Have them take a laptop with them on their trip.

3. V23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. The reason they are buying the iPad is for the trip.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Since it isn't for sale until the day after they leave, and you want an Australian version the only option is to buy it the first day and then mail it to them. Seems risky in many ways. Good luck.

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

The power supply is universal, so no need for a voltage converter.

6. V23, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

V23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, meant that the pins on the AC would be different. What is the difference between an iPad purchased in say Italy compared to one bought in Australia? Are they identical except for the AC adaptor? Would the warranty still be valid in Australia? So could they purchase one in Europe and then when they come back they can just purchase an Australian AC adaptor from the Apple store?