iPad 2 purchase help with accessories

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by AppleDApp, Sep 7, 2011.

1. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I'm set on getting a 32gb iPad wifi. I was wondering what accessories I should get with it.

At times I will tether my iPhone so I thought of getting 2 of these battery pack to ensure my iPhone still has a juice when I want to make a call. I already have the Otter box defender case do you know if the battery pack will fit on my phone even with the case on?

Then I was thinking of getting a smart cover or a knock like this one do you know if it folds and sets the ipad to sleep like the smart cover?

Should I get a sleeve as well? are there any other accessories I should get?

I'd like to get them from amazon because if I get the battery packs I'm below the 25$ free shipping.

2. sexytabitha macrumors regular

why don't you get something like this, it charges any usb device its 4800mah small lightweight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88RQgJRkQk&feature=player_embedded

3. AppleDApp thread starter macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

the battery is definitely more powerful then the one I linked however it is fairly bulky and pricey. I'd like a battery that would connect directly to the 30 pin connector and it has to be a combination of long lasting and small because I want to be able to have the battery pack connected to my iPhone while it is in my pocket.

4. sexytabitha macrumors regular

i would be afraid to have something attached an iPhone via a 30 pin plug in my pocket and breaking it.

5. AppleDApp thread starter macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

what would you suggest then?

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Why don't you have a look at our Gadget Hub for some ideas? Pick the iPad 2 and you'll see all the relevant accessories for it :)

7. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

If you're looking for a device that will actually charge your iPad, I doubt seriously that the small external battery you linked will do the job. If all you're looking for is something that will provide some backup power for a few hours (or less) it may suffice. The iPad has much, much greater power demands than a phone.

P.S. Just reread your original post. Sorry for my confusion. If you're interested only in assuring you have a phone that can act as a 3G modem/wifi hotspot the original link may do the job. But keep in mind that the when you use your phone as a hotspot it draws more power than otherwise. So even in the application you have in mind, you may want a more powerful external power source.