iPad 2 Purchase

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Coach171, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Coach171 macrumors newbie

Looking for some help here. I live in Indiana and have gone to the Apple Store in Keystone for the past 3 or 4 days in the morning, with no luck. I have gone to Best Buy, Target, etc. still no luck. The inventory checkers seem to be wrong in terms of the iPad that I am looking for so I am really not sure what to do. I am hoping to find one before I leave for D.C. next week so is there any help out there? By the way I am looking for a 16 or 32 gb black wifi iPad. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Cheetablaze macrumors member

Come on down to Montgomery we got a ton of them!

3. Coach171 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Just keep checking. Talk with someone in electronics or something if you have to. I doubt they would have much info on upcoming shipments, but they may be able to tell you how things have gone down up to this point, it may give you a better idea of when to be in store to check.

I had the same situation going on with me, but had my order in with Apple.com anyways. My ship date was April 21st, but happened to come across a lone iPad in Wal-Mart last night, and it happened to be the exact model I wanted (64GB, AT&T 3G) so I snatched it up and cancelled my Apple.com order.

Just keep checking, and hope for the best is all you can really do at this point.

5. Cheetablaze macrumors member

In all seriousness, I had to keep checking the online availability for walmart, target, and best buy. Got lucky and scored one with no wait. Are you flying or driving to D.C.?

6. fsshariq macrumors member

If you don't mind, order online through B&H. They have been receiving a bunch of 16GB wifi models and you will probably get it in under a week.

7. Cheetablaze macrumors member

If he is driving to D.C. he could always check the route he's driving and maybe there will be a store that has them in stock. He really doesn't have many options unless he wants to go the online route. Good luck to you broham.

8. Coach171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Driving but for a school trip. I am a teacher taking a group of eighth graders to DC. As of now I am planning on getting up a 6 tomorrow and in line by 7 hopefully that will get me one. Anyone have any idea if the Apple Store is getting all of them in on a daily basis or is it a select few? Also thanks for the help it really is appreciated.

9. CIA macrumors 6502a

iPad2Locator.com

Bloomington Target
    2966 E 3rd St (55 miles away)
    Bloomington, IN 47401
    812-336-3473
    Inventory current as of 5 minutes ago. (9:33 EST)
    WiFi 16GB Black: Available
    WiFi 32GB Black: Available
    WiFi 16GB White: Available