All iPads iPad 2 question about charging

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SarahCat, Sep 1, 2014.

1. SarahCat macrumors member

Hi Everyone,
    I have an iPad 2 which I absolutely love. It works fine, but I was wondering if there was a way to check how many charge cycles my device has gone through. I know the laptops keep track, but are there any apps that you give you this information? I am a little skeptical about 3rd party apps, though.

Thanks
    Sarah

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I use this app on my Mac and it tells me how many charge cycles are on my battery. I also have an iPad 2 since mid 2012 and I use it everyday and last time I checked I had less than 140 charge cycles

http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-manager.htm

3. SarahCat thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much. I want to give this a try, but I have a windows PC, and was wondering how I would be able to view the cycles on my ipad 2. Would I plug it in to my USB port? What would I click on to access that info? Thank you.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

You run the program then hookup your iPad to the PC. You highlight your device and there should be a box or tab for "more information". I don't have the PC version so I don't know if it's under some other setting or menu. It will show battery count cycles.