Ipad 2 Question...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BealeSt32, Jul 12, 2011.

1. BealeSt32 macrumors newbie

Well here's the story. I got an Ipad 1 for Christmas and took it back because I didn't feel the need for it since I have a 13" MBP and an Iphone 4. However, after playing around with the new iPad it does have a few things that the old one didn't especially the camera (Skype). Right now, the college I go to some of the professors won't allow laptops...weird... so I have to handwrite everything. If I get an Ipad it would be much easier to take notes without being noticed and do other things. I don't really do anything special with my MBP now except surf, email, facebook, stuff like that. No major editing or photoshop. I am going into architecture in the fall and think an Ipad could help because of the digital books, and the smaller profile than my MBP. I think I could get by with a iMac and iPad. Here I guess is my question. I just got a iMac so should I sell the MBP and get an iPad since all the word processing could be done on the iMac.

Pros of iPad
    smaller
    does most everything I do on my MBP
    possibly make the backpack lighter(less physical books)

Cons?

2. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

get it.
    I also have a MBP, iPhone 4 and now iPad 2.
    I got an apple wireless keyboard and I now take notes using that and the iPad in school, and it is great!
    I use the free version of evernote, but does anybody know another better note-taking app?

3. taipan61 macrumors 6502

LOL...i must be a dinosaur, when i was in college my professors didn't have to worry about that, the computer rage at that time was the C64 and Tandy's trash 80!:eek:

seriously though for taking notes at work or just jotting down ideas i use bamboo paper or notes plus with a stylus