iPad 2 Quick Wake Lines

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RSwag, Apr 21, 2011.

1. RSwag macrumors newbie

So after playing with my brand new iPad I noticed something weird. Other than the crazy backlight problems that we have all been having, my iPad also shows weird lines when you sleep and wake the screen fast. I have tried to replicate this on my iphone 4 and ipod touch but I don't see anything on those devices. I also never noticed anything like this on my iPad 1. The iPad's at the apple store don't seem to do this but other non-apple-store ipads do. I am assuming it has something to do with the firmware. I have yet to upgrade to the newest firmware so that might have fixed this issue. Do any of your ipad's do this? Here is a link to a video I made so you can better understand me.

http://youtu.be/7JFXDkWcAqA?hd=1

2. MacGuy84 macrumors member

Im experiencing a similar problem whenever I switch from portrait to landscape mode on the edges of my screen. This is my third iPad now; first one had extreme yellow haze out of the bottom right corner to the middle of the screen, second one would keep freezing within the ipod app (even the "genius thought it was strange" and third one has your problem as well. Any luck with it going away on its own?