iPad 2 quicker on the web than iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kcossabo, Mar 18, 2012.

1. kcossabo macrumors member

Put two iPads side by side both 64g both on the same wifi access point. Every page the iPad 2 was just. A bit quicker than the iPad 3?

Also on many of the apple pages (http://www.apple.com/ipad/) there is a pin wheel spinning in the upper right just after the wifi signal strength. iPad 2 does not get this.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

i noticed the slowness in safari on my ipad 3. It was pretty quick on launch day but over the past few days i've noticed it does seem slower. Not really sure what the culprit is but I've filed a bug report with Apple.

Hopefully this can be addressed with a firmrware update.

3. Mikes2pads, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

Mikes2pads macrumors regular

I thought so to for the last few days. Prior to that the new iPad was pretty much equal IMO.
    After this wifi glitch has slowed my new iPad down recently , I went back to a Linksys router I have and put the net gear router on the bench. This new iPad has now showed me what fast is. It is definitely noticeably faster than my ipad2. Almost instantaneously producing full pages of anything I browse for. I want this speed forever.