iPad 2 Refurbished ios Version

mcfinch

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Do you guys think I will have ios 5.0.1 installed on the refurbished iPad 2 that I am getting in the mail from Apple? I am asking because I want to jailbreak it. It was manufactured on Production week: 3 (January) 2011.

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
Probably has 5.01 on it. It was probably sitting in a warehouse until you ordered it. With 5.1 only being a couple days old, I doubt Apple had the time to update it already.

I had to get my iPad swapped in late October, and I remember how I was disappointed that it didn't have 5.0 on it because I couldn't restore from iCloud backup until I got home.

mcfinch

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Probably has 5.01 on it. It was probably sitting in a warehouse until you ordered it. With 5.1 only being a couple days old, I doubt Apple had the time to update it already.

I had to get my iPad swapped in late October, and I remember how I was disappointed that it didn't have 5.0 on it because I couldn't restore from iCloud backup until I got home.
Thank you! Hope you are right. :)

Atken

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
Ordered a refurb'd iPad 2 on the 7th and it arrived yesterday. It had 5.0.1 installed

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
MIne arrived the next day after I ordered it with 5.0.1. I think I am going to return it though, I think the screen resolution is very poor especially when I am used to the retina display of the iPhone.