iPad 2 Refurbished vs New

Discussion in 'iPad' started by don.lee103720, Mar 10, 2012.

1. don.lee103720 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I am going through a slight buyer remorse right now as I have placed an order for a refurbished iPad 2 16GB version via Apple as I thought the $349 price tag was hard to resist. Soon enough, I have realized the regular price for these are $399 and if I order from other authorized retailers like B&H, I don't get taxed. (They offer free shipping too)

I did the math and with the cash back, the price difference is only roughly $25 between the new one and the refurbished one. $375 vs $399

I know how Apple refurbs are (they look new and work just as good) but in the long run, will there be any disadvantages for going this route? (Loss in profit because of the refurb box.. etc)

What would you do?

2. homeboy macrumors 6502

There shouldn't be any loss. And it will be even more perfect if you happen to buy a refurbished unit that suffers from backlight bleeding. Just take it to an Apple store and it will be exchanged for a brand new unit, voila!

3. don.lee103720 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright. Thanks for the advice!

4. Kendo macrumors 68000

If I had to pay tax on both, I'd go with the refurbished unit. But not getting taxed on a brand new model, I would definitely pay $25 more and go brand new.

5. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

I've ordered all kinds of Apple refurbished products (MBP, iMac's, Mac Mini's) for my staff and I've not yet had to return one of them. In fact I just ordered 2 refurbished 32 gig, iPad-2s.