iPad 2 release date puzzles me

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Sep 13, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It's not about when the ipad 2 comes out. I know there are number of threads about that. My question is about what you guys think on what kind of reactions would people have on ipad 2 release date.

Apple is bringing ipad on China on September 17th. Do you really think apple will release ipad 2 by this holiday season and piss off all of those international people who just got their hands on their iPads?

Ipad is still not out on many other countries, and I just don't see how apple is going to release iPad 2 so soon even Q1 2011.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

They did it with the iPhone in 2007 too, and when the new one (iPhone 3G) came out in 2008, it still took a while until a world wide release for the iPhone 3G.

3. monaarts macrumors 65816

LOL What the hell are you talking about? Apple is releasing the iPad to china, not the iPad 2. As of right now, the iPad 2 doesn't exist to public - not a picture, not a rendering, nothing and probably wont until first quarter 2011. :p

Now, assuming you meant to say they are releasing the iPad (1) to china soon… International customers wont get pissed because it will probably be a year before the iPad 2 is available there anyways. Now they know how we feel with all the good electronics being made in China, take that! :D

Hope that answers your questions.

- Joe

4. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

You make a good point.

5. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

Oops. typo. I fixed it.

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

The safe bet is that China will not be getting the next iPad on its first day of release in the US. There will be impediments (either on Apple's side or China's) to a simultaneous release with the US. So it won't be a few months between versions for China, more like 6-8 months.