iPad 2 Replacement Question(s)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by will123, Jun 4, 2011.

1. will123 macrumors member

I bought the iPad 2 on launch day here in the UK and was relived to find only a small patch of light bleed along the bottom edge of my iPad. However, recently ive noticed the bleed has got worse and now covers the entire bottom of my iPad.
    I bought the iPad from Comet which does have an apple desk. Should I try to get it replaced by comet (would they replace it straight away or would I have to send off for a replacement?) or I could travel to an Apple Store and try to get it replaced straight away there.
    Also, when going to get it replaced, do I need to take my box etc or just the iPad itself.
    Thanks
    :apple:

2. MagnusF macrumors regular

I would try calling the apple store and check if you can come to them. Which in my mind you should be able to do.

And you only need the ipad, they only replace the unit.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Go straight to an apple store NOT backto comet!

Apple will deal with you directly

4. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

either way should work, you'd only need to bring the ipad. if Comet is like many retailers, you might need to take along a copy of your receipt if they require proof that you bought it from their store. (apple won't ask you for one since you've not reached 1 yr since the product launch)

if you have an apple store in the area i'd suggest you call them and make an appointment with their genius bar. always better to deal with the manufacturer support directly esp when the ipad2 is still in short supply.

5. will123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone! Just one last quick question! Does there have to be a certain amount of bleed for them to replace it or do they replace it even if theres only a little!?
    :apple: