iPad 2 reset

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AzDesertTroll, Feb 5, 2012.

1. AzDesertTroll macrumors member

AzDesertTroll

I am currently working overseas, no where near an Apple store to go in and check this out or felt with by store employees. I also did a search on here but I guess I am wording my search wrong because I didn't find any info that answered my questions.

A guy I work with recently (less than 2 months ago) purchased a iPad 2 3g/Wi-Fi 64gig and has decided he doesn't really like it and is considering selling it to me for a fair price.

Question #1
    Is there a way I can do something like a reset that will take it all the way back to like it came in the box? Before he entered any of his info in it?

Question #2
    He was unaware of the 3g option/function (he bought it at his local Best Buy and they must have saw him coming) so he doesn't know if it is the AT&T or Verizon version, is there something I can check to confirm which it is?

Thanks in advance for suggestions / guidance.

2. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

I can answer question 1, yes there is a factory reset.

3. AzDesertTroll thread starter macrumors member

AzDesertTroll

Follow up to Q-1
    If is a factory reset, how is it done?

4. vincent.m macrumors member

Restoring to factory settings is easy. There are two ways to do it.

Option 1: Plug it into a computer and open iTunes. From there just select the iPad and click the restore button. Just follow the on screen prompts and you will have a brand new iPad.

Option 2: If it is running iOS 5 just go to settings, general, reset, then erase all content and settings.

As far as telling what provider, up here in Canada there is no such thing as a locked iPad. From my understanding though, if it is from AT&T it takes a sim card, and is also unlocked. If it takes a sim card it would go in on the side without the mute or rotation lock switch.

5. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Settings > General > Reset

Or, Restore from your computer via iTunes.

6. AzDesertTroll thread starter macrumors member

AzDesertTroll

Thanks to both of you guys for taking the time to help. SO if I am understanding right it is like resetting an iPod? Too easy.

Thanks again.