Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AzDesertTroll

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Show Low, Az
I am currently working overseas, no where near an Apple store to go in and check this out or felt with by store employees. I also did a search on here but I guess I am wording my search wrong because I didn't find any info that answered my questions.

A guy I work with recently (less than 2 months ago) purchased a iPad 2 3g/Wi-Fi 64gig and has decided he doesn't really like it and is considering selling it to me for a fair price.

Question #1
Is there a way I can do something like a reset that will take it all the way back to like it came in the box? Before he entered any of his info in it?

Question #2
He was unaware of the 3g option/function (he bought it at his local Best Buy and they must have saw him coming) so he doesn't know if it is the AT&T or Verizon version, is there something I can check to confirm which it is?

Thanks in advance for suggestions / guidance.

vincent.m

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2012
Calgary
Restoring to factory settings is easy. There are two ways to do it.

Option 1: Plug it into a computer and open iTunes. From there just select the iPad and click the restore button. Just follow the on screen prompts and you will have a brand new iPad.

Option 2: If it is running iOS 5 just go to settings, general, reset, then erase all content and settings.

As far as telling what provider, up here in Canada there is no such thing as a locked iPad. From my understanding though, if it is from AT&T it takes a sim card, and is also unlocked. If it takes a sim card it would go in on the side without the mute or rotation lock switch.

AzDesertTroll

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Show Low, Az
Thanks to both of you guys for taking the time to help. SO if I am understanding right it is like resetting an iPod? Too easy.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.