Ipad 2 Safari oddity

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vandrv, Feb 15, 2012.

1. vandrv macrumors regular

I have an Ipad 2 and recently when surfing the web, it has developed an odd behavior. If I am on a website, such as this forum, and click the back button to return to the previous page, it will take me back to the page from an earlier date, maybe several weeks ago. If I hit the refresh button, it does refresh to the current page. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? It is rather annoying. Thanks for any help.

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I've seen this as week, to fix it go to Settings -> Safari -> clear Cookies and Data

3. vandrv thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the reply. After doing a bit of research, it seems this is a fairly common problem and even after clearing my cookies it eventually returns.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Also try clearing Bookmark history.

5. vandrv thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'll give that a try as well.

6. astrocramp macrumors member

Have you found a way around this? I experience this also, and its to the point where i need to use my bookmarks rather than back when reading an article. This is a really annoying bug.

7. vandrv thread starter macrumors regular

Not really. i did a bit of research and it seems like a fairy common problem.The only thing I know to do is hit the refresh button and that brings back the current page.