iPad 2 safari slow in loading web pages

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xeryuslee, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Xeryuslee macrumors newbie

Hi - anybody experiencing issue with safari taking its slow sweet time in loading pages? And I get checkerboard when I scroll up and down pages. Don't believe it's home network problem. Also don't notice similar lag when using apps or even viewing YouTube vids. iPad 2 is two weeks old, and I haven't done anything unusual to it. Any advice on how to address? Or is it expected?

2. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

It loads mine initial page pretty quickly, however, when I am on Safari and doing say Facebook and I scroll down fast, I see the checkers. It's a wee disappointing, but I had it before on the iPad 1 and have it on my iPhone 4. I experience similar lag at home on my cable internet with my laptop. It doesn't matter if my iPad is on 3G or WiFi, it still happens.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

When a download is slow it doesn't necessarily mean the entire fault is speed of your wi-fi network. Often it is the speed of the server at the web site you are at. A good example is the download speed of e-mail. Mail can be very quick and then slow dramatically at certain times of the day when the number of people rises that are checking their mail. I notice this in the evening when people are getting home from work and check their mail at home or in the morning when they get to work and check their work mail. Some web sites have very slow servers, probably because of the cost to upgrade to faster service.