Ipad 2 screen colour temp -warm or cool?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RobNor, Apr 8, 2011.

1. RobNor macrumors regular

Mine is on the cool side whereas my iPhone 4 and ipad 1 are both on the warm side

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....so you are saying your iPad 2 has a higher color temp and your iPhone and iPad 1 a lower color temp?:eek::D

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Comparing my iPad2 to my calibrated desktop monitor, the iPad2 is very much on the cool side.

It doesn't bother me at all because I don't use the iPad for color critical work. I think the cooler color on the iPad is actually very pleasant for reading and other tasks for which I use the iPad.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

My iPad 1 was warmer, iPad 2 is cooler. It doesn't really bother me either way, I only really notice it when I compare them side by side.

5. Alectric macrumors regular

I like the cooler look of the ipad2. It's more brilliant looking than my iPad 1.

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I was doing some mobile site testing at work yesterday side-by-side with an iPad and my iPad 2 - the iPad 2 is definitely cooler. Seems to make the screen look nicer for reading, as someone else mentioned.

I'm not using my iPad for color-critical work anyway - that's what my MBP is for. :)

7. HardLuckStories macrumors regular

My ipad is noticably cooler than my gf's 64GB version side by side, both bought in Paris same time.