iPad 2 screen cracks because of defect?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by almostfamous, Jan 22, 2012.

1. almostfamous macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I've spent forever trying to see if anyone else has had this happen to them, but haven't been able to find anything like my situation. I got my iPad 2 replaced a couple weeks ago because of the backlight bleeding problem, and today after the new iPad had been charging I picked it up in landscape mode with both hands and it cracked at the point where my left thumb was (by the camera). I have a screen protector, so the crack is mostly just on the bezel, but there is one crack that spread down the middle of the screen. I've had an iPad since last June and never had a problem using my old one the same way. I haven't even taken it out of my room since I got the replacement, and I keep it most of the time inside of a sleeve w/ a smart cover on it. I'm taking it to the apple store tomorrow, but does anybody know if they might have replaced my old iPad with a refurbished one that could have had a small crack in the screen before I got it? I guess its possible that I just crushed the glass with my hulk strength, or that it got knocked into something at some point and I didn't notice until I picked it up and it got worse, but it seems really strange.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie