ipad 2 Screen Effect - Problem?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Icemantpx, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Icemantpx, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

Icemantpx macrumors newbie

My brand new iPad2 is showing this red effect in certain places throughout using the device. It is odd because the effect follows the rotation, eg. the red effect is in exactly the same spot in landscape mode as it is in portrait viewing mode.

Screen shots capture the effect and it does show it when viewed on the iPad, however when I email the photo out of the iPad the effect is not showing in the image.

I have posted a photo i took with my iPhone to demonstrate.

(the second and third photos highlight this effect especially at the underside of the iPad on the webpage. the effect is in the exact same place in portrait or landscape mode. Some of the glare/distortion in the last picture is merely a display of my own poor camera skills)

Any ideas?

Any one else experienceing this?

If you think there may be something worng, i it worth returning the iPad to the store in leiu of the low stock and being unable to receive a replacement? Should I hang onto the iPad until stock goes up because it does indeed function properly otherwise?

Attached Files:

2. Icemantpx thread starter macrumors newbie

also, this issue tends to come and go.

It occurs more often when the device is used for a period of time.

In other words, after a period of non-use, the effect is almost non-existent.

3. Icemantpx thread starter macrumors newbie

Replaced

Took it to the genius bar, gave a 10 second explanation and pulled up a picture of the effect. Genius bar guy immediately says "want a new one?" ...and the world is perfect once again. Go iPad 2, brilliant idea.