iPad 2 Screen Fail

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iicehawk15, Apr 9, 2011.

1. iicehawk15 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

11.5 hours after buying my 16gb ipad 2, the screen refuses to turn on. I Charged the device to 100% and then played some games and facetimed (about 84% battery left). I left the device down for about 30 minutes and then tried to turn it on and nothing! Screen button, lock button, nothing worked! I connected it to the power adapter but it still did not respond.

See YouTube here for my problem video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdUNNW5cKw

The only thing I think it could be is a drained battery because of open apps, but I wouldn't have thought they could drain the battery so fast. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Try holding both the power and home button at the same time, keep holding it until the screen turns on.

3. g.fabian macrumors newbie

Pick up your phone and call 1800 My-Apple and request to speak with Apple Care and explain your problem to them. If anyone is going to be able to assist you, it will be them. :):apple:

4. iicehawk15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip, just tried it the the iPad symbol came up and the device turned on. I checked my taskbar and I had a lot of apps open, you guys think I should still take it back?

5. g.fabian macrumors newbie

Well even if you bought it without the 2yr extended contract, you still have a 1 year contract with applecare. If you had like 30 apps opened and they all started to crash at once a hard reset could do the trick but if it becomes a reoccurring problem, I would call them up. :apple:

6. iicehawk15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks, talked with apple support and they blamed the amount of apps and the heavy apps (garageband) that were running.

7. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

The apps are supposed to self shut down to free memory as per Apple. The person you talked to is wrong.

8. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

A lot of apps do take up memory unless you close them down, so I think you are at least partially wrong.