iPad 2 screen light-leak issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DCGuy1170, Mar 21, 2011.

1. DCGuy1170 macrumors newbie

A proud owner of a new iPad 2 (never had the first iPad). I've noticed when the entire screen is mostly black, at the bottom there is a little bleed of light along the edge?

Is this typical? Obviously, supplies are tight now, but in a month or so, would this type of defect be sufficient for exchanging the iPad 2 for a new one?

Thanks.

2. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

There are many posts on this in the "general" iPad forum but the light leak is not normal. The truth is that some iPads have it others don't. Apple can provide panels that have no leak so why settle for one that does?
    Best Buy told me that mine was defective and could be exchanged for another when stock came in. The problem is, of course, the lack of supply.
    If the light leak bothers you then return it.

3. DCGuy1170 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. lanes1lva macrumors member

The same thing is happening to me. But I got mine at Target. Do the same principals apply?

5. rzc macrumors newbie

I noticed the something but doesn't bother me unless I look at the black screen all the time. Since it's come up I may take it in and see what apple say or if I should even be worried.