iPad 2 Screen Repair

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Guitarboy315, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Guitarboy315 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I purchased an iPad 2 32GB with ATT 3G last year when they were new and recently got a pretty big scratch on the screen which still makes the iPad usable but it is very annoying.

Is there any way I can get my screen fixed at the Apple store or is there no way to get this fixed now given the iPad 3 is out. I know they still sell the iPad 2 so they might have some of the parts including the glass, but I know they usually give out new/refurbished products instead of actually fixing the old one.

Any advice? Thanks!

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

they can do it.

just call

3. Guitarboy315 thread starter macrumors member

Will they charge for it to be replaced and do you know how much? Not that I really mind... Rather pay for a screen replacement than a brand new one...

4. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

They won't just replace the screen, The Apple store doesn't do repairs they will just swap it out for a refurbished iPad for a price of £206.44/$249

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

You can replace the glass with a little know how for really cheap. Check Ebay for iPad front glass. iFixit has how to guides on how to remove and replace the from glass.

6. consolepartzz, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013

consolepartzz macrumors newbie

You can go to local smartphone repair shop, they must repair that. second method google iPad 2 digitizer buy a touch screen and replace by yourself

7. donnaw macrumors 65816

My granddaughter dropped their iPad 2 down the stairs last month and it pretty much destroyed the screen. My son found a local place that replaced it for $129. They did a pretty nice job.

Locally around locally if you don't want to pay Apple's price.