iPad 2 screen variations

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rabdel12, Oct 5, 2011.

1. rabdel12 macrumors member

I purchased an iPad 2 back in April and the screen was absolutely gorgeous and very bright(people on this forum said it was the brightest they've seen) Unfortunately it had very serious backlight bleeding that was very noticeable with any black photos or watching movies. I got a replacement which was a little less bright and more warm but had 3-4 dead pixels. I returned that one and finally got my replacement today. Everything is great about it but I can not believe the screen looks dim. The whites look greyish, not even yellow(warm) or blue(cool). I am not that angry because my two other friends ipad 2 is exactly the same color grey white. Is this the normal screen color (grey white instead of my first ipad cool white and my replacement warm white) or should I get this checked out at the apple store?

Thanks a lot!

2. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I think some people are overly excessive w/ their Apple products. Comparing screen hue and what not.

3. mopppish macrumors 6502

Dude, just keep it.
    Variation is definitely normal. Use it and you will get used to it.
    My new 11" Air is considerably warmer than my work 15" Pro, but after having it for a few weeks, I don't even notice it anymore.
    You got one without the problems that you were looking to fix, so just rest assured that you have a product that you can enjoy. Doing another swap may result in bad bleeding again, and then you're still not satisfied!

4. mystik610 macrumors regular

If the iPad is anything like the macbooks, they could be sourcing screens from different suppliers.

5. rabdel12 thread starter macrumors member

Yea your probably right...im just disappointed because my first ipad screen was absolutely amazing..people with ipads even said it was bright. I think it was suppose to be a display model because it perfectly matches all the ipads in the main apple store in nyc. But this new replacement looks OK with the whites looking greyish, not warm yellow or cool blue. I was just wondering if this was normal or a so called natural white or if this was really defective.