iPad 2 Screen Warmth

Discussion in 'iPad' started by c84216, Mar 15, 2011.

1. c84216 macrumors member

Question for you all.

Comparing my black iPad 2 side by side with my iPhone 3GS and my iPad 1, I can't help but notice that the screen on the iPad 2 seems significantly warmer. Whereas my iPhone and first iPad seem to favor the blues in its color scheme, I feel like my 2 favors the yellows, sort of like my first gen iPhone. Is anyone else seeing this? I don't have any bleed through issues as have been described...the screen seems significantly warmer over all but I've seen no one mention this.

2. Justin Luck macrumors regular

Interesting that you mention this. I noticed in comparison shots that the iPad 2 appeared cooler with a whiter background compared to the iPad 1. Yours is the opposite which is unfortunate because that means there is still color variation between panels.

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Can you roast marshmallows with it?

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

This is just what you will get with, and I'm sorry to say this, low end, IPS "consumer grade" screens.

They are not professionally calibrated screens with calibration reports as you get with some higher end dell screens, and of course a few other makes.

They are mass produced cheap screens. No one will be using them for exact colour matching.

Hopefully one day, screen tech will change to something else that gives a more reliable output, both in colour and backlighting issues.