iPad 2 screening mirroring and Camera app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alectheking, Jun 18, 2011.

1. alectheking macrumors 6502a

anyone know why it doesnt work? screen mirroring works pretty good but as soon as you go to the cameras the apple tv screen savers come on. Bummer, that would have been some james bond type fun.

2. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Might use too many system resources to support the smooth interface that Apple expects of it's products? Are you running wired or wireless? I have iOS 5 which supports wireless mirroring, but am waiting for the next Apple TV generation before I get one so I can't test. But I thought I saw somewhere that FaceTime chat works with wireless mirroring? I'd like to know as my wife uses it to sign to her mom who is deaf, and rigging it up to the TV would be ideal for this use.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

It's not system resources, I can say that for sure. My guess: video recording would be impossible, because wireless mirroring uses the video recording hardware to compress the video. You can't compress two video streams at once.

4. shandyman Suspended

i just tested it and its worked fine for me over airplay mirroring :confused: :confused: