iPad 2 Shipments?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kvizzel, May 2, 2011.

1. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

What happened? My Best Buys never seem to get any in anymore. I check daily and it's always unavailable. Did Apple stop shipping or something?

2. freeman727 macrumors 6502

I'm starting to think so, only Apple knows. Best bet is to buy one from the Apple Store. They seem to have regular supply. I'm probably going to return the one I got from the Apple Store. I'd rather wait until I can get one tax free. I think the $60 in tax is too much for a 'luxury item'. The retailers seem to get a lot less iPad 2's than the Apple Stores.

3. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

I'd agree. I think with Best Buy you need to pre-order it because I know that every time they do get a shipment it all seems to go to those. I pre-ordered one and went on the list a week ago, and nobody before me has gotten theirs yet, I'm still in the same spot on the list. Getting it from an Apple store, or even ordering it from Apple's site is probably your best bet at the moment.

4. macrat macrumors regular

Just got one from Walmart!

I was monitoring the Walmart online site daily and today it showed one 32G black in inventory at 7:30 am and I rushed to the store right away. The clerk told me they just got one shipped to them and arrived late yesterday and she posted the inventory update less than 30 minutes earlier. Just in time for Mother's Day gift for my wife!:D

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iPad-2-with-Wi-Fi/15992206