Ipad 2 shipping...first come first served?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rosslancaster, Apr 26, 2011.

1. rosslancaster macrumors newbie

Hi everyone sorry if this has been covered before but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything about this.

I ordered my iPad 2 16gb wifi on wed morning at this point in time shipping was estimated at 3-4 weeks my ship date was for 11th may and delivery date 17th may...later on that day the shipping estimates dropped down to 1-2 weeks for anyone ordering at that point. The next day I rang apple to see if my order would be coming sooner or if I was better to just cancel and re-order? The lady on the phone said she had no idea >< she then put me on hold after I said surely it must be first come first served >_> .... she then came back and said said she spoke to her manager and he said it is first come first served and my order status would be updated. Now nearly a week later my order tracker still says may17th delivery date this can't be fair ??? Wish I had canceled and re-ordered now if i had my iPad 2 would be shipping tomorrow ?

Does anyone know anything about this kinda thing? Is it likely i'm going to have to wait to the 17th ?

Thanks
    First time poster...Long time reader
    Ross x

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I don't think the date ever actually changes... but it will just ship sooner than the estimated date.

3. rosslancaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

How do you know if the shipment has shipped?

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Status will change to prepared for shipment before it does.

5. rosslancaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Okay thanks for the advice...one week on still no change to order status :/

6. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

its 1-2 weeks out now. better than the 4-5 weeks from just a few weeks ago.

i wonder if you can call apple and get more information (not being smart - i really dont know if one can call for better info on shipping...i have always just ordered and waited for the confirmation of shipping email.)