ipad 2 siri in iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aPple nErd, Sep 6, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok i realize that the ipad 2 wont get siri in ios 6, but, is it possible to install the ipad 3 version of iOS 6? i mean, are there 2 versions, one for ipad 2 and one for ipad 3? or is it precise with the udid and or shsh blobs? i dont know just wondering because ive wondered before if i could install the iphone 4s version of iOS 5 on my iphone 4 to get siri. tell me what you think

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Step 1: Jailbreak

Step 2: Download Spite

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!

Spite is an indirect Siri port, it's already supported for iOS 5 on devices down to the iPhone 3GS.

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I am glad Apple did the right thing by not offering Siri for iPad 2 because I am deaf and I have an iPad 2. :apple:

4. Dkorda macrumors 6502

I bet it's baked into every device running iOS 6

5. ziffos macrumors member

ziffos

I think Siri on IOS 6 will be on iPad 2 but not iPad 1

6. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Siri will only be coming to the "new" iPad (iPad 3). The iPad 2 will not be getting Siri.

As others have said, there are a few jailbreak solutions to enable it, but there will never be an official solution.

7. ethansamuel17 macrumors newbie

ethansamuel17

The reason that they can't the Processor appear to be not powerful enough I know your thinking well iPhone 4S and iPad have the same processor but the platform for SIRI on Apple iPad 3 is much larger and would cause a lot of cold on the iPad and sooner or later end up wearing of the Processor.

8. Xgm541 macrumors 65816

No, you cannot install an iOS version for a different device to trick apple. Don't you think someone would have thought of that already? Each version checks which phone you have, so iOS 5 made for iphone 4 will work ONLY on iphone 4 and one made for the 4s will work ONLY on the 4s.

I apologize if English is not your first language, so perhaps I am misunderstanding your post. The iPad 2 and iphone 4s have the same or similar processor but the processor has nothing to do with bringing it to the iPad 2. Apple wants you to buy their latest gadget and will not invest money into the iPad 2 if they know some people will spend extra money on the new ipad just to get siri functionality.

9. ziffos macrumors member

ziffos

Thank you stiligFox for the info - I misunderstood the Apple website :rolleyes:

10. Al Jonson macrumors newbie

Okay, I get it. My iPhone 4 neither my iPad 2 can utilize "Siri". It was not made or designed for earlier devices. Why should we think that the wealthiest company in the world would be so kind as to provide the blabbering female sounding like Smart Assed Siri earlier models to their dedicated owners. Oh well, I'm over it. I will go out, when the shock is over, to purchase the iPhone 5. My contract is up anyway. I by passed the iPhone 4s when it came out sooooooooo, I know I good to go.:)

11. Virinprew macrumors 6502

Too bad you still need to access iOS device that can use Siri officially. Spite is just an interface to Apple server.

12. wws macrumors member

Use iModSiri from i M Z D L. Costs $20 a year for the service and it's available for both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1. Install that and the iPad GUI Fix and it works like a charm :)

(Remove the spaces)

i m z d l.com/siri
    siri.i m z d l.com

13. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Not only can you buy one of these for around $10 on essentially any repo website, there are also a few wbeites with free open slots, but they fill up quickly and are not always the most reliable.

Spite used to be an interface to apple's server, but that was illegal. Now the majority of hosts ported Siri itself to a google API, which they can distribute legally, as long as they change a few things. It's also one hell of a lot cheaper to host.

14. Virinprew macrumors 6502

So you get google ... (i don't know google voice, google now) instead of Siri, right? And also have to pay.

15. gorskiegangsta, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

SIRI will only come to the latest iPad (3rd gen)

There's no reason, other than marketing, that SIRI cannot work properly on iPad 2. The A5 is more than capable of running it properly since the actual language processing happens in the cloud. SIRI is not "larger" on iPads by any means, since there are already a bunch of quite resource demanding apps that have universal binaries. Also, mobile processors do not get worn out that easily. They are meant to be used (i.e. to send instructions to software code, to execute functions). There's nothing abnormal about "regularly" stressing the processor.