iPad 2 skins/screen protectors w/ matte style finish..?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by snakemajestic, Mar 13, 2011.

1. snakemajestic macrumors member

Anyone know of any companies that have screen protectors or full body skins that have the anti glare/ anti fingerprint style finish...or like matte style or whatever?

Not a fan of the glossy/sticky feel of slot of the "military grade" ones.

Thanks.

2. snakemajestic thread starter macrumors member

3. dogbiskit2 macrumors member

I'm with you. It looks like phantomskinz is offering a matte type clear skin. Just don't know about the cut. Also, I believe someone mentioned that decal girl will likely have a matte option as well when the iPad 2 skins come out (don't see them on the website yet)

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

Phantomskinz has a matte option. I've never used the matte one but their regular and chromatics are really nice. IMO this is the best of the bunch when compared to Zagg, BSE, Bodyguardz, etc. (especially for touch screen devices).

http://phantomskinz.com/appleipad2.aspx

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

Whoops, guess I was already typing before I saw this. :eek:

6. sam2428 macrumors 6502

How does the phantomskinz matte compare to the regular? (obviously one will be glossy)

Id like to see pictures if anyone has these on their devices to compare. I ask because i think I'd want the back to have matte, but glossy on the front. Not sure how a matte screen protector would look? :confused:

7. jedolley macrumors 68000

Just do a google search on Phantomskinz Matte. You should be able to find some pics or videos... I think there was a post in the iPhone section where a user put the matte on the back of his iPhone. Also, if you want the back matte and the front regular, just send them an email, i'm pretty sure they will do it.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Power Support brand has matte screen protectors, I've had their Touch, iPhone. and ipad1 versions. All excellent but pricey.

9. snakemajestic thread starter macrumors member

What about ones that are dry application and relatively cheap? Ones that may not last long but are easy to replace...?

I use cheap ones on my iPhone 4, like $15 for a two or three pack or something. I think they are labeled as anti glare, anti fingerprint.

Something like this for the iPad 2?

10. alan111 macrumors regular

I never thought about a matte skin for the back... good idea. I'll do some searching.

11. Fearsys macrumors member

12. snakemajestic thread starter macrumors member

Doesn't look like they have an iPad 2 set yet. Thanks tho!

13. alan111 macrumors regular

Ive had 2 bad experiences with them and promised I would never shop there again. Very disappointed to say the least.