iPad Ipad 2 sound problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nexxion11, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Nexxion11 macrumors newbie

I am new to this forum and english isn't my first language but i'll try my best to describe my problem :)

I have a tv and a surround system, and my Ipad 2 is connected to my tv with a hdmi adapter but plays music on the surround system.

My problem is that there is an intense sparkling sound coming from the surround system when the aux and the hdmi adapter are in the ipad the same time. If i take one of them out, the sparkling stops. I can play music but you will hear the sparkling sound in the background.

I've tried to make a power cable to the tv without Ground, i've tried to use hdmi equalizer and i've tried using deifferent adapters without succsess..

Does anyone have a clue what the problem can be? :)

thank you for answer in forward :cool::apple:

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

What you are probably hearing is feedback thru your sound system and it's being produced by iPad 2. The problem is the iPad 2 does not have a direct "audio line out" which would bypass it's audio amp and just provide a straight audio signal source to your sound system. That's what you will be fighting.

What you need is a digital audio processor "DAP" with a true line out which I don't think the iPad 2 is capable of.

3. Nexxion11, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

Nexxion11 thread starter macrumors newbie

But i also tried with VGA and DVI, and then there is only one audio source and still i have the same problem. Do i still need a DAP if i use VGA or DVI, or are there some other solutions? :)

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

None, that i'm aware of because the iPad 2 doesn't have a true line out. You can buy a DAP with a true line out which they can get pricy and your music source will still be processed and filtered by the iPad 2.

Think of it this way. It's like a passenger train. The passengers is your audio source. If the train stops at the passenger station to unload and load passengers that's your iPad 2 processing and filtering the music source.

If the train switches tracks and bypasses the train station then the music source is not processed. I just described "true line out".