Ipad 2 speakers

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GeneralGriffin, Mar 23, 2011.

1. GeneralGriffin macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I am searching for a portable speaker for my ipad 2. What I need is one that is very portable, does not run on battery or have to be plugged in. But rather plugs into the 30 pin connector and uses power from that. So something small enough to fit in my pocket, whip it out plug it in and have louder sound and never have to worry about charging it, plugging it in, or changing batteries. it doesn't have to be top notch quality sound just loud. So any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

2. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

I don't think that exists. Not to mention apple lowered the amount of power the dock connector puts out so it's no where near close enough to drive even small speakers. you'd be better off getting some sensitive headphones and just turning the volume all the way up.

3. GeneralGriffin thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... Well my purpose for looking for them is: the ipad is being used for video conferencing using FaceTime. Unfortunately the ipads speaker (though nice) aren't amazing, nor very loud. Some of the clients though, are not tech savvy at all. So we are trying to offer the most simple solution possible. Thus the less to have to charge, plug in, or manage the better. So I suppose any other suggestions along those guide lines would be awesome! Thanks again.

4. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Almost anything small needs at least an AA or AAA battery or more. I am not aware of anything non-powered that plugs into the 30 pin. Their are quite a few very small ear jack speakers to explore and a few are not battery powered.

5. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

6. GeneralGriffin thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. So scratch the "non powered" option. Any suggestions/recommendations on a small AA or AAA speaker. 30 pin or audio jack is fine. Preferably something I can easiely hold in my fist (not a dock or overly large). And if possible cordless? If not any suggestions would be awesome. (Thanks drenline)

7. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Bluetooth Speakers?

The first thing that comes to mind is bluetooth speakers if they exists.

I use bluetooth headphones with it.

8. GeneralGriffin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have thought bluetooth and might go with that. The only concern is that the clients are tech unsavvy. So I am concerned about connectivity issues. I won't be there to trouble shoot. Any recomendations on Bluetooth speakers though?

9. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I've only used the headphones, Sennheiser. I've never tried any bluetooth speakers, but I put in this query in Google, which results in some options "bluetooth speakers for ipad"