iPad 2 Special Limited Time Price. (Refurbished)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacGurl111, Jul 8, 2012.

1. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I was online looking at the refurbished iPad 2 and saw special pricing 399 for iPad 2 wifi + 3g 16gb. Does anyone know the price before this offer? :D

How come they don't have any refurbished iPad 3? Do you know when they'll offer that?

Thinking about picking up another iPad. Thank you :D

2. iEvolution macrumors 65816

They don't offer refurbs of current generations until shortly before the introduction of the next model.

3. MacGurl111 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Okay, got it. The next one won't be until Spring of 2013?:eek:

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Seems April/March is the time where Apple introduces a new iPad but they've been known to change the time before (iPhone got pushed where the iPod event normally is; Sept/Oct vs June/July).

In fact I would seriously doubt the iPad 3 would show up in Q4 of this year since its holiday season and I'm sure Apple would want people to buy them new instead of refurbed.

I would guess Q1 2013, but remember the end of the world is supposed to happen in december so you might never get to see the iPad 3 in the refurb section. :D

5. MacGurl111 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

such encouragement! :eek: :D

Do you know what the price was on the refurb before this special offer?

----------

Okay, I think I see it. Save 120, 24 percent off.
    Never mind that's the original pricing brand new.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's a good deal. The 3G 16GB refurbed model was either $449 or $529. I forget which.

7. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

They found another tablet that bought us another 5000 years of life :D

8. MacGurl111 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Hi everyone. I went out and decided to get another iPad 3.
    I am a bit bummed. When I opened the box the item was not brand new... It was dirty with crumbs and a few permanent scuff marks. I called the store and told asked them if they're selling used items and saying it's new and I will be in for a NEW one. :mad:

That's my story for now.

I did it clean it a bit so the crumbs and dirty marks are gone. The scuff marks are still there.

What would you have done?

9. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Scruff marks? Definitely take it back. I'm not even picky either but when you pay that much for a new device it better be nice and new.

As for your other question I believe the previous price was $400 for the refurb 16GB. As far as I know the "limited time offer" isn't really limited in the sense it only lasts a week its limited as it lasts a couple of months (if not longer), I know the nano has been on its special price for about a year now.

10. MacGurl111 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Thank you! Btw, do you own a Lancer Evo? Your name reminded me of that. :cool: