iPad iPad 2 still selling for $399?!?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thiagos, Oct 23, 2013.

1. thiagos macrumors 6502

thiagos

Firstly I would like to say that I have been an Apple user since 2005 and I have loved every decision Apple has made thus far. However, selling the iPad 2 (two year old technology) for $399 is plain wrong.
    Why not update the iPad 4 with a faster processor and call it an iPad 5 to sell it at $399?
    That would totally make sense calling the new iPad Air.
    Unless they have other plans for the iPad 5, I really don't understand the "Air" strategy.
    I thought the mini was a smaller tablet to target Android tablets priced at a lower price.
    Why not make the 1st gen iPad mini the cheapest tablet starting at $299 and the retina $399?
    I love Apple and hope they don't make dumb decision now that Steve is no longer with us. When you are losing market share, the economy is not at it's greatest, you have to appeal customers with cheaper products.

Agreed?

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Is it not really obvious that Apple are pricing it like that because they know people will make the sensible choice and go for the Air?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Fortunately there are threads that discuss this already.
    I see absolutely no reason to sell an iPad 2 at any price. I didn't know they were still selling them over the iPad 3 in the first place but I believe the fact that they're still stocked and ready to be sold is crap.

Of course, I don't have to buy one so it doesn't really affect my bottom line.