iPad 2 Stock in SF

Discussion in 'iPad' started by blast69, Mar 16, 2011.

1. blast69 macrumors newbie

I'm having a helluva time getting an iPad i2 n this town. Does anyone have stock updates to share? It's impossible to google SF Stock iPad2 without getting pages of news articles about the other kind of "stock" and/or the launch.

Stonestown has been a dead end for me as has Target and Best Buy. I called SFSU and thy said they had stock coming in next week and I should come down and fill out a waiting list and give a 100 deposit (you have to be a student or teacher). While they confirmed the stock they ordered will be coming in next Friday, they only ordered 16/32, they did not order a single 64 GB 3GAnd they had no idea when, if they ordered 1 for me now, it would ever come in. It could be a month or more they said. Total freaking morons. should have told me that on the phone.

2. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

I need to exchange my wifes Ipad for a black one tom morning and planning on getting out there early. Thinking about grabbing two more since having to be in line again. If possible will let you know and can work something out to get one to you

3. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be rad!! The only thing is, I teach at 9:35 a.m. tomorrow until 12:30. But I'm right next to Stonestown. I'll try to send you a PM.

4. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Prob is I am not local to where you are. I live in Texas but could always ship if you want to pay for that

5. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rad! I'll be in Austin Fri, Sat, Sun. Anywhere near that?

6. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Up in the Fort Worth area which is about 2 hours from Austin

7. hopegrad macrumors newbie

Apple Store in SF on Powell is Best Bet

Hi:

I went through the craziness of buying on Friday. I tried all the Apple Stores from Burlingame up to Corte Madera plus three Best Buy locations, three AT&T stores and two Target stores. The only store that had iPad 2s was the Apple Store on Powell off Union Square. I also hear from friends that the Powell store is getting the greatest quantities when stock is replenished.

Though it takes a trip into the city, the flagship store is your best bet,

Tom

8. Gonzo75 macrumors newbie

Sort of off topic but is there anyone in the Bay Area reading these forums who has a brand new unopened Black iPad 2 32 GB WiFi only willing to trade straight up for an unopened White version.

I received mine in the mail yesterday and haven't opened it yet because still not sure of the color. I'm pretty set on black now. PM me if interested.

9. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Hopegrad! I wish I had time to get between there and work in the a.m. But I don't. Even if I was first in line, I wouldn't make it back to teach in time by 9:30 am. Maybe Stonestown, but not Powell.

Yes, I waited in the long line at Stonestown for 2+ hours for no reason on Friday. I should have gone to BB Colma (3 people in line there and 60 in stock, gone that night). I was a fool.

Camaro, if you can get me one, I'll take any color 64GB 3G ATT. I can pay you what I'd pay in tax here (10%) for your time, plus shipping. I have PayPal. Not sure if you can private me a message?

10. macguy77 macrumors newbie

Went in to sf downtown store at 5:30 this afternoon and spoke with a salesperson. He said that people were lining up at 1:00am for morning shipments. He said that they begin handing out vouchers at 7:30am once they know what the situation is with the stock. Also goes without saying he mentioned that they do not know how many or if they get any ipad2's in at all in a shipment. However, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week it appears people did walk away with iPads in hand after waiting.

Tl:dr
    Brave the line until 7:30am or so and you may get lucky!

Hope this helps!

11. deadwalrus macrumors regular

I walked down to the flagship Apple store in SF. An employee confirmed that they are passing out tickets and selling early in the morning. I would also note that at 8:30 pm, there was already a line of about 30 people, 28 of whom were elderly Asian women speaking mandarin, FWIW.

12. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Were they handing out tickets tonight or tomorrow?

Either way, it leaves me out of the running. I have two lectures to write and several essays to read, need to sleep, and going str8 from school to SFO for SXSW. Maybe I'll find one in Austin.

13. benjamin9876 macrumors member

guess SF downtown the line is too long to buy
    and stonwtown is too less stock to buy ..

so what we do now?

14. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dunno. Im in Austin. Going to try pop up shop tomorrow/ today. Got in late. I don't even know the hours of the pop up shop.

15. jumpman macrumors newbie

The San Bruno Tanforan Target has 2 Black 32GB Verizon iPad 2's in stock as of 4:30PM today.

16. alex415 macrumors newbie

my friend that works at the target at serramonte said that they just got a shipment of 15 ipad 2s

17. Abqpete macrumors newbie

They've been there since late morning. No one seems interested in the Verizon versions (particularly the scalpers).

18. rondz macrumors regular

rondz

Yeah, I'm still having a hell of a time trying to get the version I want too. I'm trying to get my hands on an 16GB AT&T 3G + Wifi Only model. I'm from the East Bay and I've only seen and heard of Wifi Only and only a handful of Verizon and AT&T models being sold. Hopefully by this weekend it will be just as common as the Wifi Only ones.

19. machomer macrumors regular

People start lining up at 6pm the day before. I pass by the store Friday and today (monday), these people are camping overnight. Hard to compete with. I showed up one morning and they only had enough for people that were immediately inline infront of the Apple store. Not enough for anyone that was in line past the Apple store front. Good luck to everyone.