iPad 2 stocks early April USA?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kultschar, Mar 6, 2011.

1. kultschar macrumors 6502a

My folks are off on vacation to the US (Miami and NYC) in late March and early April.

Whats the chances of them walkng into a Apple shop and picking me up an iPad 2 without any hassle?

Will the hype be over by then and stock levels replenished?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

No one can knows the answer to that question.:(

We do not even know if there will be enough stock to fill the initial needs. The iPad 1 ran out and the 2 can do the same. Only Apple knows it's inventory an they do not know how many units they will sell.

3. samywamy10 macrumors regular

samywamy10

Early April I would say that they would have units back in stock.

4. kultschar thread starter macrumors 6502a

I vaguely seem to remember (reading here this time last year) that iPad 1 was still available in most Apple stores depending on which model and after a week or two supply wasnt a problem.

Wasnt the official case harder to get then the actual ipad? I remember that going for silly money on eBay!

5. Saberj macrumors regular

In July there was about a 1 week wait if you had an iPad reserved for you at the Apple Store. Best Buy didn't have any, and I believe online the wait was more like 2-3 weeks. That's when I got mine.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I doubt there will be a 100% sell out with a weeks long restocking. There will be individual stores that are sold out and models that might be hard to come by. You may have to buy white when you wanted black or 32GB when you wanted 16. So I would give your parents a preference list if you are willing to compromise that way.

7. gavinfabl macrumors regular

gavinfabl

I actually think worldwide stock levels will be low since they are not doing pre-orders. Maybe thats a way to create a how media queue frenzy outside all their stores. Who knows. I am hoping that 2 weeks later there is enough supply for the UK.

8. zinka macrumors regular

Last year supplies were very scarce for the first two months or so. Don't count on being able to get one promptly.