iPad iPad 2 stuck in DFU/dead? :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sneak3, Sep 23, 2012.

1. sneak3 macrumors 6502

Hi there!

1st I'd like to say I'm feeling real bad right now cause my bad is completely black. Let me explain it:

I was trying to restore my ipad 2, which was on 5.1.1, to the same FW, 5.1.1. I was having some jb problems.

Anyway, I just couldn't get itunes to restore. I've wiped my hosts file, I've tried with a regular 5.1.1 FW, another one with my SHSH stiched via redsnow and finally I tried the ENTER dfu IPSW via the same redsnow. From this point on, I couldnt make it alive anymore. I've tried every single possible way and it wouldnt restore. Bunch of different errors. The thing is that before I attempt the ENTER DFU ISPW, I still could make it come back from dfu, but now its gone.

iTunes still recognizes it as being in rec mode and I haven't tried to upgrade to 6.0, cause I didnt like it and as far as I know, if I go to 6.0, i cant go back to 5.x.

Lastly, I've tried the restore option in redsnow but after I select the SHSH or after I hit the get SHSH remotely, it loops at the "updating IBEC" part.

I'm desperate, what are my options? How can I make this guy light up? And if I ever manage that, how can I RESTORE to the 5.1.1 FW?

I have my SHSH locally and cydia has them in their server too!

Thank you for you help!

2. sneak3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Guys Ive managed to restore my ipad 2 to fw 4.3.5, but only because redsnow let me use LOCAL blobs in the process.

Whenever I try to do the same with fw 5.1.1, it will only let me chose the "remote" option.

Any ideas on what can I do in order to upgrade my iPad 2?