iPad 2 Syncing Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benhollberg, Mar 12, 2011.

1. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have been able to sync my iPad fine before, just barely I tried two times and both times it came up with this. First when I plugged in it said: "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services. Re-connect or try again later." So I pressed ok, it actually synced and all but then after it said: "iTunes could not back up the iPad "Ben Hollberg's iPad" because the back up session failed." Then I pressed ok and it just looked normal in iTunes. I tried to back up manually by right clicking on the device in the iTunes sidebar but the same message came up.

I have now tried syncing three times and this has happened every time.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I just tried syncing my iPhone 4 and the same thing happened, I am running the latest version of iTunes and iOS on both devices on Mac. In addition I looked to see if the back ups were there in the iTunes preferences and they were not, no back ups at all! Please I need some help, thanks.

3. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I just restarted my MacBook Pro and still having the same problems, exactly the same. Please does anyone else experience this or have heard of this?

4. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

Sounds like you might have not enough disc space on your computer.

5. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I'm going to the Apple store in two hours to get this figured out. I'll report back later.

6. defunkt macrumors newbie

I had this exact problem yesterday! Both iPad 2 and iPhone 4 were giving this error, even after restart, so I did some googling...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747?viewlocale=en_US

These steps worked for me, no more problem

7. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Just got back from the Apple store and everything is ok now. The Genius said he had never seen this before but thought it may be that mobile device thing in the system. He deleted and reinstalled iTunes and all, it worked perfect. Everything is good now.

8. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg